In the continuation of the 2020 activities of the Majalat project, particularly after the webinar organized Friday June 12, 2020 under the thematic "Climate and Social justice in the context of COVID-19" which allowed us to enrich the conclusions and recommendations from the Forum of Brussels in December 2019, the Forum des Alternatives Maroc (FMAS) on behalf of the Majalat Consortium is pleased to invite you to a training session on Climate Justice in the international and European context.
The webinar is part of the online activity series of MAJALAT for the years 2020-2021. This interactive training session will be an opportunity to better understand EU policies and will allow CSOs to better target their claims and formulation in the spirit of creating a documented basis for a structured dialogue between the EU and CSOs.
This webinar aims to explore:
- The concept of climate justice and the relevant elements of the Paris Climate Agreement;
- The impacts of COVID-19 on climate justice in international climate negotiations;
- The EU Green Pact and funding in the southern neighborhood;
- Avenues for action and recommendations from civil society in the area of climate and social justice towards the EU.
The training session will be led by Ms Rachel Simon:
- MSC in environmental policy and management: Distinction, School of Geographic Sciences, University of Bristol.
- Coordinator within Climate Action Network Europe (CAN-EUROP) Responsible for climate finance and development policies and advocacy towards the UNFCCC and the EU.
Date: Thursday 2 July 2020
Time: 10 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Morocco time (GMT +1)
11 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Brussels time
From 12 p.m. to 2.30 p.m. Beirut time
The approach adopted is a presentation of the expert for each axis followed by debates and questions / answers from the participants.
Could you please by July 1, 2020:
- Confirm your interest and availability to participate in this online training session
- Provide us with the information of the representative who will attend the webinar by filling out the following online form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSf1XzOiwBSAHLERcnMIuBur_8T5S3tWdIuxX5cJ5U5Czj1jIQ/viewform?usp=sf_link
Once your participation is confirmed, we will send you logistical information to connect to the online platform.