Thank you for all those who applied for the Majalat Mobile Journalism Contest, for the past days we have received an astonishing number of applications, exceeding 180.
Now that the deadline is closed, we would like to thank you for your interest, we have definitely received a variety of applications from applicants with different backgrounds.
- Video creation period: From January 21 to February 28, 2021
- Deadline for video submission: February 28 at 6 PM GMT
- The video should be sent to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Stay up to date to our news on our social media platforms and we’ll make sure to keep you posted.
- Conditions and rules:
This competition is open to any journalist/activist/content creator/amateur interested in mobile journalism according to the following criteria:
• Cameras: any digital device (telephone) compatible with the following software: Kinemaster, Power director and Lumafusion. The video should be sent to the following email address: email@example.com. We are not responsible for any issues related to playing or downloading the video.
• The video must contain real situations and scenes (interviews with actors, outdoor scenes, text etc.).
• Subtitling in English or French.
• Beginning credits (competition framework, author of the work and country) and end credits (the contest sponsor disclaimer is provided to participants) including the logos of Majalat and its partners and rights reserved (contest title).
• The video must be exclusively created for the competition and must not have been previously broadcasted or shared in another competition.
• Any sort of advertising, whether it is real, false, apparent or concealed, will cause the systematic rejection of the video.
• Video and all its components (sounds, images and interviews) must not be contrary to international conventions on human rights (respect for human dignity, children’s rights, right to be different, equality, etc.). Videos whose content is defamatory, contemptuous, hurtful, racist, inciting hatred, violence, discrimination or containing any form of abuse of personal and property rights will not be taken into consideration.
Link to download the logos :